Phenomblue’s next quarterly Bonus Day will be upon us a week from today! Our staff’s out of office messages will be up for 24 hours as we all take part in one of several programs that facilitate innovation and product development.
In honor of next week, we’re featuring one more project from our first Bonus Day. This project took home two of the three awards given – it was voted Most Experimental and won the Overall Awesomeness category. Ryan, our technology director, came up with the idea – when an employee swipes their security card it triggers a customized entrance song to play throughout the office. A welcome message also appears on a TV with custom animations. Brandon, Tom, Jason M., Jimm and Ryan M. all helped out with design and development, too.
Here are a few of the entrance themes we now hear throughout the day:
- Brandon – Steven McQueen by M83
- Brent – Here for a Good Time by George Strait
- Evan – Orange Juice by EarlWolf (OFWGKTA)
- Jason – Will 2k by Will Smith
- Jimm – N.Y. State Of Mind by Nas
- Kate – Kate by Ben Folds Five
- Megan – Countdown by Beyonce
- Ryan – Shields by Big Business
- Sam – Underground Stream by AraabMuzik
- Sara – California by Phantom Planet
Each quarter, Phenomblue goes black for 24 hours, creating a Bonus Day for the agency. Bonus Day gives team members the opportunity to blur the boundaries between roles and experiment with new ideas and methods. The 24-hour period provides individuals or groups the chance to create an idea or work on something they’ve wanted to but were lacking the opportunity.